Editor’s Note: Do not feed almonds or other nuts to small children as they may cause choking and lodge in their lungs. Please remember that allergies to nuts among both children and adults can cause serious health problems. Please check with your doctor.
Serves 4 children or small eaters
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1`# boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbls. milk
- 1 Tbls. Olive oil
- Salt/pepper optional
- Process almonds into very fine and set aside
- Cut chicken into lengthwise pieces, 2 – 3 inches
- Blend 2 eggs with 2 Tbls milk
- Place the almonds in a separate bowl
- Dip the chicken pieces first in the egg mixture and then in the crushed almonds
- Place the pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment or Silpat mat (this will prevent sticking).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes until the juices run clearn
- That’s it!
To avoid duplicate meal preparation, prepare adult meals using larger pieces of chicken.
Cook the large pieces about 30 minutes until juices run clear. Add salad and other side dishes for a fabulous family meal!